Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reflection (Thing 23)

What do you think about social media in libraries?

I think focusing on some social sites can be very beneficial for libraries. Tackling too many could problematic but putting the same content on as many as possible will allow libraries to reach more patrons and potential patrons that may not make it to the physical branch. These means of delivering information is much more effective than simply putting it up on a static site or printing brochures.

What do you wish FPL was (or wasn’t) doing?

I would like to see much more on our YouTube channel and Flickr type slideshows. We could put anything we do at the library online and I think people would seek it out. Puppet shows or book talks on youtube and flannels could be made as slide shows.

Have you learned anything from the program?

I had used most of the sites before, though a couple were new to me. There were many features I had not used before that 23 things had me try out. Google Docs Presentations was one such feature. I think most of all I learned that the sites I hate for myself may be very useful for an organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment